Enjoy the delicious daal paratha this Diwali.
• 1 cup Wheat Flour
• ½ cup Moong (yellow) Dal
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• A pinch Asafoetida
• A pinch Turmeric Powder
• 1tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
• 2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Oil (as required)
• Add little oil and salt to the wheat flour and make a soft dough by adding water.
• Soak the moong dal in water for some time and then cook it.
• Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
• When the seeds splutter add the chopped green chillies and then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cooked dal, chopped coriander and salt. Mix well the entire mixture and keep stirring till it becomes a dry mixture. Keep aside this dry mixture and let it cool.
• Take a little portion of dough, knead it to a ball and then roll it in the shape of a small puri.
• Close the sides of this puri after filling it with the dry dal filling. Now roll it into a thick round paratha.
• Cook this paratha with oil on a tawa till both the sides become golden brown.
• Serve dal paratha hot with chutney, curd or curry.
[Story Source] [Contest win Rs 1000-100,000 now]
This post was submitted by Remya.
Leave a Reply
1000 2010 again Apple Australia BBC Bigg Boss BJP CBI children China Commonwealth Games CWG England Facebook father girl Hrithik ICC India Indian IPL Kareena Katrina launches love men mobile money Mumbai need new New Zealand Pakistan PM Salman Khan Shah Rukh SRK TV UK US water wedding women World Cup