Recipe: Rajasthani Chane
Try out this easy-to-make recipe.
• 1 cup Bengal Gram (Chana)
• 1 1/4 cups Yogurt
• 4 tsp Gram Flour (besan)
• 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
• 2 tsp Coriander Powder
• 3-4 Green Chillies (chopped)
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 4 tbsp Pure Ghee
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• Soak bengal gram overnight in sufficient water. Drain and pressure cook the grams in sufficient water till soft. Drain the water and store it aside.
• In a bowl, take the chanas and mash them lightly.
• In a different bowl, take yogurt, gram flour, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well taking care not to form any lumps.
• Add green chillies and mix. Add one cup of the reserved liquid and mix.
• In a pan, heat the ghee and add asafoetida, cumin seeds to it and cook till light brown.
• Pour in the yogurt mixture and stir well.
• Once cooked, add gram, salt and leftover water. Bring it to a boil and cook for five minutes.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
[Story Source] [Contest win Rs 1000-100,000 now]
This post was submitted by Remya.
Leave a Reply
1000 2010 again Apple Australia BBC Bigg Boss BJP CBI children China Commonwealth Games CWG England Facebook father girl Hrithik ICC India Indian IPL Kareena Katrina launches love men mobile money Mumbai need new New Zealand Pakistan PM Salman Khan Shah Rukh SRK TV UK US water wedding women World Cup